Trebbble is a mobile agency that exists to help brands grow by creating unique mobile connections with their audience. We strongly believe that mobile goes beyond apps and devices. We devote time to understanding the brand, and the business objectives, and learning what customers care about and when. Then, we design and deliver mobile solutions that create business value and delight the audience.
Founded in 2010, Trebbble has established commercial collaborations with several brands across the EU and US. We are known as a strategic partner who delivers on time, on budget, and above expectations. You may recognize our work for its personality, attention to detail, and functional beauty.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Backend Developer to join our team and work on our enterprise and consumer projects. You will work with our exceptional technical team to expand existing products capabilities as well as work in new ventures. This is an opportunity for a developer who is genuinely excited by complex backend architectures and has a passion for building products using Python, SQL/NoSQL databases, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- High-level system design: definition of the server-side system's modules/services and how they interact with users (both web-based and mobile) as well as with each other.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end and mobile application developers with server-side logic.
- Optimization of the system software for performance and scalability, e.g., use of caching, choice between single (event-based) or multi-threaded implementations.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions, e.g., selection between Relational or NoSQL technologies.
- Ability to explain the technical trade-offs of different approaches, including estimating how long each one will take to build.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Learn and introduce new technologies (programming languages, frameworks, cloud-based services) to our systems as technologies evolve.
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance bonuses
- Private insurance
- Work hours flexibility
- Excellent working environment
- Training programs & certifications
- Developer conference attendance and talks
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Developer, or similar role
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Software Development
- Proven record of products based on Python successfully launched and in production
- Expertise in Database Technologies: Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL, Google BigQuery
- Solid foundations in Computer Science principles including Algorithms, Data Structures, and Databases
- Deep understanding of Computer Systems Organization, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, and Distributed Systems in order to understand how theory has a direct impact on everyday software development choices
- Passion for Software Engineering and the development of clean and efficient computer programs
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Extensive experience in implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Extensive experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Familiarity with text-based data representation technologies such as JSON, XML and CSV. Binary formats (e.g., Google Protocol Buffers) will be considered a plus.
Nea Ionia, Athens, ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Agioi Anargyroi, Athens, ΕΛΛΑΔΑ