MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company is a global leader in the shipping and logistics sector, with over 524 offices in 155 countries, employing a team of over 74,000 dedicated individuals. For the last 10 years, we have invested in the company's digital transformation, having developed custom in-house products and currently having one of the biggest tech hubs globally.
To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents and we are looking for an Agile Tester who will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and execution of both automated and manual tests for a Scrum team. He/She provides leadership effective testing to the Scrum teams to promote software quality at the end of each sprint. He/She will be using the scrum process and guidelines defined by architects. He/She has experience in testing within an Agile process and a DevOps continuous integration process, where the goal is to automate the tests during the sprint. He/She understands what unit testing and work in a team with developers and product specialists is, in order to ensure quality at the end of the sprint.
The Agile Tester will:
- Analyze user stories by discussing with the product owner and product specialists
- Collaborate daily with the developers to define the needed tests in each user story
- Implement Good Testing Practices and guidelines from the Testing Community
- Implement, maintain and execute tests for the Scrum team
- Contribute and perform Load tests and other Non-Functional tests.
- Implement Automated Regression Testing for each new user story
- Implement Automated System Integration Testing for each release
- Functional testing for each user story developed by the development team.
- Actively participate to scrum ceremonies and propose ideas
- Contribute to the Testing Community to improve guidelines, and support peers
- Contribute to teamwork by helping colleagues when they need
- Exploratory testing (manual) whenever needed
- Write and maintain How-To Guides for End Users
- Develop a mutually respectful working relationship with all staff in to ensure a strong Team effort in all activities
- Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Stakeholders’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
- Complete tasks as required by the Company
- Anticipate and address potential issues leveraging previous experience and strong problem solving skills
- Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Customers’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner.
The ideal candidate fulfills the following requirements:
- 2+ years of work experience in Software Testing (manual and/or automation) in an agile process
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps Continuous Integration and Deployment
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft .Net C# and web API development
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Agile methodology (SCRUM)
- Extensive experience with MS Windows Server and MS SQL Server
- Proven work experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps (VSTS) (Tests, Backlogs, GIT)
- Ability to deliver developed enterprise software
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Good to have
The below skills are considered a plus:
- Familiarity with Unit testing
- Coded-UI tests
- Owning a testing certification (ISTQB)
- Familiarity with QA Automation: Selenium or Appium (with WinDriver)
- Experience working with offshore development
- Understanding of the maritime shipping industry