MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company is a global leader in the shipping and logistics sector, with over 524 offices in 155 countries, employing a team of over 74,000 dedicated individuals. For the last 10 years, we have invested in the company's digital transformation, having developed custom in-house products and currently having one of the biggest tech hubs globally.
To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents and we are looking for experienced ERP developers with a passion for developing software, learning new skills and business and applying them into the work, possessing strong problem-solving skills. The purpose of this new team will be to complement the existing team working on our ERP Agency system, enriching its functionality and developing new modules as it is deployed worldwide.
The team will build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with our coding standards and technical design.
In his/her day-to-day, the ERP Developer will:
- Be responsible for the maintenance, design and development of complex computer software for well-established ocean carrier
- Design software from requirements, apply best software development practices, and develop good quality software
- Participate in technical discussions with team members, take ownership of software components from design to delivery, debugging skills
The ideal candidate fulfills the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or IT-related certification.
- 3+ years of application development experience with strong business process optimization expertise
- Proven work experience on C#, .NET Framework (All areas including, WPF, WinForms, Serialization, Reflection, Security, ADO.NET, multi-threading, Entity Framework)
- Very strong SQL Server developer skills: Understanding SQL Server and SQL server programming such as but not limited to stored procedure, user defined functions, tables, indexes (and their types), views
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals with problem solving and quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to implement and continually improve efficiencies in the product development process
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing EDI solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Good to have
The below will be considered a plus:
- Systems and Data minded
- Master’s degree in computer science a plus
- Experience of Application Development methodologies
- Project Planning and Estimating
- Workshop Management and team building
- Experience with XML and managing electronic exchange solutions
- C++ programming working experience
- Experience with Web Services, REST API or JSON
- Experience in the Agile methodology