MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company is a global leader in the shipping and logistics sector, with over 524 offices in 155 countries, employing a team of over 74,000 dedicated individuals. For the last 10 years, we have invested in the company's digital transformation, having developed custom in-house products and currently having one of the biggest tech hubs globally.
To continue our growth, we are hiring new talents and we are looking for an experienced .NET developer to work within the Pricing Scrum Team, on the creation of a new application. S/he will be using the scrum process and guidelines defined by architects. His/Her goal is to deliver software increments with quality at the end of each sprint. To achieve this, s/he will collaborate closely with the other team members (developers, tester, product specialists and product owner).
The .NET Developer will work on each layer of the application and use Agile and DevOps practices to deliver functionalities. By applying agile values, s/he will try to constantly improve himself/herself and continuously learn on technical or process topics.
In their day-to-day, the .NET developer will:
- Actively participate to SCRUM ceremonies and propose ideas
- Analyze user stories by discussing with the product owner and product specialists
- Contribute to user stories
- Design, develop functionalities present in the sprint backlog
- Ensure quality of his/her code by writing unit testing
- Collaborate daily with the offshore Tester to ensure the quality of his/her developments.
- Contribute to teamwork by helping colleagues when they need
- Take initiatives and decisions on assigned user stories
- Participate in proof of concepts when required
- Develop a mutually respectful working relationship with all staff in to ensure a strong Team effort in all activities
- Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Stakeholders’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
- Complete tasks as required by the Company
- Remain current on trends and innovation in IT, Software and Middleware industry
- Anticipate and address potential issues leveraging previous experience and strong problem-solving skills
- Provide timely, complete and accurate responses to all Program Customers’ questions and inquiries in a positive and constructive manner
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following criteria:
- 3+ years of working experience with Microsoft .NET (4.5 or later version)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft C#
- Expertise in SQL (or other relational databases)
- Experience with Microsoft Asp.NET Web API and Microsoft WPF, Entity Framework
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Previous work experience with Agile methodology (SCRUM) in a multicultural environment
- Proven work experience in solution design
- Ability to deliver developed enterprise software
- Ability to support large and distributed enterprise applications and related production
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Good to have
The below skills will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of Microsoft VSTS or TFS (Build, Releases, Tests, Backlogs, GIT) (P)
- Experience working with offshore development
- Knowledge on DevOps best practices
- Understanding of the maritime shipping industry